Electronic cigarette liquid, also known as “e-juice” or “vaping juice”, is the very essence of vaping itself. Keep in mind that the job of an e-cigarette is to produce a simulated smoking experience, and this is accomplished by way of heating e-juice until it is converted into a vapor that has a smoke-like appearance. So what exactly is in this e-cigarette liquid? Below is a breakdown of the basic ingredients that are found in most e-juice on the market today.
1. Vegetable Glycerin (VG) – This ingredient is considered to be the “base” of e-juice. It is a clear, odorless and colorless liquid that has a very sweet taste, and is used in a wide variety of food products, as well as personal care products such as shampoo, toothpaste, soap, and cosmetics.
2. Propylene Glycol (PG) – Although many vaping liquids are comprised of 100% vegetable glycerin, some e-juice manufacturers incorporate propylene glycol into the mix as well. It is a very common solvent used in a wide range of household and industrial products, and is often used to help produce the “smoke” from fog machines, similar to what you would see at a rock concert. E-juice with a higher PG content will produce a thicker vapor cloud, but some users may experience dry throat or other allergic reactions to e-juice with a higher proportion of PG in the mix. If this is the case, it is best to switch to a 100% VG vaping liquid.
3. Flavoring Agents – E-juice typically contains flavoring agents that are commonly used in baking and/or candy making. This is the primary component that is responsible for the wide variety of e-juice flavors that are currently on the market (e.g., blueberry, apple, coffee, mint, etc.).
4. Nicotine – The average e-juice will contain anywhere between 0% to 2.4% liquid nicotine, depending on the desired strength. Most e-juice manufacturers use pharmaceutical-grade nicotine in their formula. This is the element of e-juice that serves as a substitute for the nicotine found in cigarettes.
5. Sometimes manufacturers also use distilled water as a diluting agent.
As you can see, the ingredients that comprise e-juice are very simple and straightforward, unlike the over 4,000 chemicals and hazardous substances that are found in cigarette smoke!
Breathe Intelligent Cigarette provides the public with educational information regarding the Electronic Cigarette Industry. Please visit www.breatheic.com to learn more and to purchase electronic cigarette, vaping, and e-hookah products including wholesale distribution.